* Login   * Register Feedback Feedback    * FAQ    * Medals   * Search
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Gonyosoma Oxycephala
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:38 pm 
Really getting into this place

These are my latest aquisition, 2 x w/c females and an ltc male , all getting along very well . Both females eat like theres no tomorrow and feeding time is a bit of a frenzy . They love nothing more than to sink thier teeth into your arm,( bless) , they are however quicker than the wind and will bite with very little provocation . They did have a bad time with mites and I had to take all 3 of them up to the bathroom , that was really fun I can tell you , being thin blooded I lost a good couple of pints , but was a real fun time all the same .. Ended up killing the mites with a dose of good old frontline .
Both females are a good 5 + ft and look amazing when they puff up thier throats to threaten , they look amazing , the male is the smaller snake on top of the AHS heater , slightly diffrent shade of green with lots of yellow on the throat.
All are clear now , and one of the females laid me 5 perfect eggs , which are due to hatch anytime through the next month , cant wait , lots more bites .... :yikes:
heres the beasts....

Post subject: Re: Gonyosoma Oxycephala
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:50 pm 
Finding my way round
Finding my way round

nice snake lovely colour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:31 am 
Fantastic! keep us updated on any hatchlings won't you!

Do you buy the frontline spray? our boas have currently got mites, we've dosed them with Beaphar (sp?) insect spray for snake mites and ticks. But seems to be very slow going, seems it will only kill them mite when it tries to feed off the snake so viv is still full of them!

We're considering Frontline as it appears to be a godsend in these situations, but all write ups use the spray which is a bugger to get hold of...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:04 pm 

x Sarah x wrote:
Fantastic! keep us updated on any hatchlings won't you!

Do you buy the frontline spray? our boas have currently got mites, we've dosed them with Beaphar (sp?) insect spray for snake mites and ticks. But seems to be very slow going, seems it will only kill them mite when it tries to feed off the snake so viv is still full of them!

We're considering Frontline as it appears to be a godsend in these situations, but all write ups use the spray which is a bugger to get hold of...

Its not a problem if you have dogs , i drenched the snakes in it and left them in a tub together for about an hour , then bathed them = no more mites also drenched the viv in it before using reptile safe disinfectant and a steamer .. Only trouble is frontline cost £60 for a big bottle :roll: but didnt buy it for the snakes so was a bonus having it at hand ....
Dont use on small snakes though , i used it on 2 trinkets that got the mites too , it knocked them both out in minutes , had to revive them ( :yikes: ) though they were both going to die .....
Will update any pictures of the young if and when they hatch , all 5 eggs are fine at the moment and should hach anytime really ....( ATB's next to drop i think , that should be cool .....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:19 pm 
yeah i know, your not meant to put much frontline on snakes, just 2 sprays into a jug and dilute with water because it can cause brain damage and all sorts if too concentrated!

Just unsure in case there any fumes, after all its meant to kill all insects, and my snakes are in a room full of spiders and other inverts!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:05 pm 

x Sarah x wrote:
yeah i know, your not meant to put much frontline on snakes, just 2 sprays into a jug and dilute with water because it can cause brain damage and all sorts if too concentrated!

Just unsure in case there any fumes, after all its meant to kill all insects, and my snakes are in a room full of spiders and other inverts!

The viv is a 4x3x2 which is in the same room as all my spiders , had no effect on the spiders but does give off fumes so worth doing elsewhere if possible ... :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:36 am 
My vivs are 4x2x2 but then again they are right next to the window so maybe i could just open the windows and do it :)

Its just bloomin' expensive stuff, your lucky you had some at hand!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:38 pm 

First of the gonyosoma eggs pipping tonight , fingers crossed for 100% hatch ..... :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:08 am 

None out just yet , hopefully there will be later today ..
:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:20 pm 

Pictures here of First one out .... :clap:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 726453c33d

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:01 pm 
Wow wow wow, only just seen this!

That's fantastic! Great pics :D they look wonderful, hatching reps is such a good feeling especially with such a lovely species! :clap:

Ps. Added you :P