It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Nyoka - Royal Python
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:27 pm 
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

Along with the KSB's, I have also taken Nyoka into my care from Mirf.

I have to say he has the most gentle temprement and is very friendly, always comes out to see what you are up to.

I collected him Saturday and have let him settle a few days, so tonight was dinner time with the rest of them.
Managed to get him to strike feed first try, was quite pleased with myself :D

Attachment:

It is nice to have snakes again after almost 10 years without :clap:

Post subject: Re: Nyoka - Royal Python
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:37 pm 

I'm still in shock that you got him to eat!!!! My hero. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:08 pm 

the wiggly mouse dance i remember it well :P

snakey bang & the mouse is gone 8)

Quote:
“thing is mate the RSPCA giving you the approval is like getting Stevie Wonder to play connect 4 with you"

Quote:
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:24 pm 
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

Mirf wrote:
I'm still in shock that you got him to eat!!!! My hero. :D

More impressive is that he's out looking for more now, going to have to get some more Gerbils and see if I can tempt him with another :clap:

He's a beautiful snake Mirf, thank you again for letting me give him a home :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:39 pm 
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

Well, 2nd feeding attempt and strike fed first time again :clap:
He is not backwards in coming forwards either, was out of his hide and on the gerbil before I even had it properly in the viv!
Good job I use a pair of 20" artery forceps, or he may have had me by mistake :yikes:

Attachment:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:44 pm 

:yikes:

*picks herself up off the floor*

You sure you've not swapped him for another royal?? :hmm:

I'm hugely impressed, well done you......and Nyoka of course. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm 
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

I have to admit to being quite chuffed :D

*does little celebration dance*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:52 pm 

So you should!! It's fantastic news :P

*pats David on head and passes the flap jacks*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:57 pm 
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

Ooh Flapjacks, yay! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:05 pm 

:laugh:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:52 pm 
Admin
Admin

i reckon thats what you was feeding him Mirf lol
well done getting him eating although these guys have to be the worst at freaking you out with there feeding patterns

Mini Beast Farm clicky here

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:54 pm 
Supporter
Supporter

thats great, we need more royal-pythons-actually-feeding-well threads around here :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:09 pm 
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

mazzer10 wrote:
thats great, we need more royal-pythons-actually-feeding-well threads around here :lol:

Thanks Mazzer,
He is still feeding well and turning into a bit of a bugger for striking at the gerbil before I have got it in the viv :roll:
Always nice when snakes feed easily, and fingers crossed Nyoka's not been any trouble so far :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:34 am 

Althought it's great news he is eating so well it's a bit of a worry his attitude has changed so much. :?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:04 pm 
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

Mirf wrote:
Althought it's great news he is eating so well it's a bit of a worry his attitude has changed so much. :?

I am hoping thaat his attitude comes from having a bit more energy now that he is eating.
Would much rather have him that way than sluggish and hungry.

Unless this was all a cunning plan to get me eaten by the snake so you can steal my tortoises :hmm:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:09 pm 

84KB11 wrote:
Unless this was all a cunning plan to get me eaten by the snake so you can steal my tortoises :hmm:

What?? The thought never entered my head..... :whistle:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:14 pm 
Supporter
Supporter

Just found this thread by accident - M why did you not keep the gorgeous man?? Glad you're enjoying him anyway 84KB11 (can't remember your name - sorry)!! He was the hardest snake to let go of ever but I have replaced him with some other lovely ones which I really must get round to posting on here... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:50 pm 

Did you not get my email J? :(

Um, long story short, money issues, he wasn't getting the attention he needed and deserved, as I was still nervous about handling him and he was simply not eating. I am still convinced the dogs were stressing him out. Within a few days of being with David he was eating and hasn't stopped since.

David initially took him with the intention of fostering him to try and get him feeding, but Nyoka is so settled (I have visited him) that I felt it was the right thing to leave him where he was.

I feel awful that you found out like this. I thought you knew :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:27 pm 
Supporter
Supporter

No M I had no idea at all but please don't feel bad! When did you write to me though, we've never had a problem with emails from your end going missing that I'm aware of have we?? I regularly delete the contents of my spam folder without checking them first so if it was in there for whatever reason I wouldn't have known, I just can't bear all the viagara ads so never bother checking in there! Can't think of any other reason why I wouldn't have got it? I've been meaning to write to you for ages as it happens about slowies, time has passed so quickly of late and I just never got round to it, grrrr....

As for Nyoka I'm really pleased he's gone to another great home and David I hope you enjoy him as much as I did - sorry you didn't get on with him as well as hoped for whatever reason though M, I know how much you were looking forward to having a snake on board who was easy to handle etc. and it's a real shame it didn't work out. :(

J

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:17 pm 

It would have been about a week before David collected him, so end of June ish?

I was having a lot of problems with my computer for a while, although I can't remember if it was around that time or not to be honest with you. I assumed you were being your normal prompt self when it came to replying :wink:

I purchased a couple of ksb's last year and the female was completely rabid. She went for me everytime I went in her rub. As nervous as I already was about snakes, I ended up too scared to really handle Nyoka. I did try, but every time he so much as twitched I panicked :oops: :?

It simply wasn't fair on the poor lad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:47 pm 
Supporter
Supporter

Mirf wrote:
It would have been about a week before David collected him, so end of June ish?

I was having a lot of problems with my computer for a while, although I can't remember if it was around that time or not to be honest with you. I assumed you were being your normal prompt self when it came to replying :wink:

Oi! I don't think even I've ever taken 2+ months to reply have I?!? Sadly never reached me anyway for whatever reason, it would have been great if it had because it would have prompted me to pick your brains about slowies! Poo.

Mirf wrote:
I purchased a couple of ksb's last year and the female was completely rabid. She went for me everytime I went in her rub. As nervous as I already was about snakes, I ended up too scared to really handle Nyoka. I did try, but every time he so much as twitched I panicked :oops: :?

It simply wasn't fair on the poor lad.

I remember you told me about these, it's such a shame that you got another nutter. Mine are both totally fine, the female is sometimes a bit defensive straight out of the rub but as soon as she's on my hand she is totally fine. Sorry you've been put off again, a real shame. :( Now, about those slowies... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:06 pm 

Gongylus74 wrote:
Oi! I don't think even I've ever taken 2+ months to reply have I?!? Sadly never reached me anyway for whatever reason, it would have been great if it had because it would have prompted me to pick your brains about slowies! Poo.
:whistle: :laugh:

Sadly I don't know a huge amount about slowies poo, other than the fact they do it quite a lot :wink: :lmao:

Quote:
I remember you told me about these, it's such a shame that you got another nutter. Mine are both totally fine, the female is sometimes a bit defensive straight out of the rub but as soon as she's on my hand she is totally fine. Sorry you've been put off again, a real shame. :( Now, about those slowies... :roll:

They went with David as well and she has had him god kows how many times as well. The only reason I got them in the first inst was because everyone was telling me that they are really docile and never bite, just my luck eh? :roll:

As for slowies, ask away with questions.

We did speak to Marks brother about getting you a little slowie, but unfortunately he has decided to have his garden landscaped and has shoved a blooming great patio smack bang on top of where they were living!! :fight: :fight:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:30 pm 
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

Gongylus74 wrote:
As for Nyoka I'm really pleased he's gone to another great home and David I hope you enjoy him as much as I did

Thanks, he is a really docile snake (unless you are a gerbil...) and a pleasure to own :D
Has not missed a feed since he arrived and been no trouble at all.
I am fairly pants at taking pictures and keeping threads updated, but if you ever want to know how he is getting on just dig this thread up or send me a PM.

As for the KSB's, Mirfs female is pure evil in a RUB.
The little devil has a go at tagging me every single time I open the lid, the male on the other hand is very docile.
I am sure Mirf was secretly trying to train them as attack snakes, and then lure in unsuspecting visitors to their impending doom :laugh:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:49 pm 
Supporter
Supporter

84KB11 wrote:
Thanks, he is a really docile snake (unless you are a gerbil...) and a pleasure to own :D
Has not missed a feed since he arrived and been no trouble at all.
I am fairly pants at taking pictures and keeping threads updated, but if you ever want to know how he is getting on just dig this thread up or send me a PM.

As for the KSB's, Mirfs female is pure evil in a RUB.
The little devil has a go at tagging me every single time I open the lid, the male on the other hand is very docile.
I am sure Mirf was secretly trying to train them as attack snakes, and then lure in unsuspecting visitors to their impending doom :laugh:

He sure is David, he was actually my first ever royal and I found him to be a joy hence the recommendation to M when I decided to sell him! Thanks for the offer of updates, will be glad to know how he's doing in the coming years! Do you have any plans to breed him at all??

Weird about the female KSB though but I very much like your 'attack snake' theory. :laugh:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:03 pm 
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

Gongylus74 wrote:
Do you have any plans to breed him at all??

No plans to breed him, he is my only Royal and I do not plan to get any more.
He would sire cracking young though, has some lovely markings :D

I do have 2 pairs of the Kenyan Sand Boas now though, and will be breeding those (hopefully).
The pair from Mirf are not big enough yet, but my other pair are adult and I hope to try pairing them in a month or so's time for a July/Aug birth :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:12 pm 
Supporter
Supporter

84KB11 wrote:
Gongylus74 wrote:
Do you have any plans to breed him at all??

No plans to breed him, he is my only Royal and I do not plan to get any more.
He would sire cracking young though, has some lovely markings :D

I do have 2 pairs of the Kenyan Sand Boas now though, and will be breeding those (hopefully).
The pair from Mirf are not big enough yet, but my other pair are adult and I hope to try pairing them in a month or so's time for a July/Aug birth :clap:

He sure has a nice pattern, the only reason he was the one I chose to sell of my three at the time was because the juvenile I'd bought a while previously had a very similar colour and pattern to Nyoka, whereas my other male was quite different.

I also plan to breed my KSBs but my female won't be ready until at least this time next year, maybe even later. All the best with yours! I have friends locally who have LOTS and are breeding some of the more unusal colour forms, it was them that I bought mine from (both normals but with lovely colouration and patterns)!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:06 pm 

Excuse me J, but I thought you wanted to talk about Slowies poo?? :hmm:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:36 pm 
Supporter
Supporter

Ha ha M, sorry I forgot about that. To be honest the patio on slow worm situation makes it less interesting to talk about! I think I might wait until next spring now as I've left it a bit late to take some in now. :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:03 pm 
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

Its feed day today, so Nyoka was out looking for dinner.
Took the chance to get him out for a quick picture :D

Attachment:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:57 pm 

He's looking wonderful D :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:28 pm 
Supporter
Supporter

He sure is. Feeding day here too today! :mrgreen: